We help make your experience with the patent system simpler and stress-free, with the goal of achieving a high quality patent, one that protects the essential elements of your new invention.
We offer significant expertise and experience obtaining patents for Fortune 500 companies, established small- and medium-sized enterprises, and startups. In all cases, we work hard to establish a competitive advantage and help protect your technology investments through patent law.
Working on behalf of our clients, we have obtained patents in practically all fields of technology including software and mobile devices, consumer goods, automotive, cleantech, mining and beverage alcohol, to name a few. We obtain patents in Canada, the U.S., and elsewhere, either directly or through our extensive international network of associates.
Our experience litigating patents, and performing transactional due diligence involving the transfer of patents, gives us special insight to help make your application stronger and better able to withstand scrutiny by decision makers such as investors, competitors, industry partners, not to mention patent examiners and courts.
We continuously monitor developments in Canada, the U.S., Europe and other significant markets to help you obtain useful and up-to-date protection in the markets that are important to you.
Our patent registration services include:
- Advising on the availability of a patent registration (patentability searches), and the ability to practice a particular technology without infringing the patents of others (freedom-to-operate searches), patent validity, patent infringement, and other patent strategy questions.
- Preparing and filing applications to register a patent in Canada, the US, Europe or elsewhere, including internationally through the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT).
- Navigating patent applications through the examination process, including responding to examiner's reports and attending to registration.
- Supervising the preparation, filing, prosecution and registration of foreign patent applications via trusted foreign associates.
- Advising on what steps your business needs to take to maintain its patent rights.
- Patent portfolio services, leveraging our state-of-the-art deadline and reminder system.
To become a Patent client, please contact: