Intellectual property due diligence refers to the review of intellectual property assets in support of a transaction such as a purchase and sale of a business or business assets.
The information under review typically includes:
- A list of all intellectual property assets including websites and social media properties.
- Copies of all agreements relating to the sharing and ownership of intellectual property.
- Details of any intellectual property assertions, claims or lawsuits or threatened lawsuits.
- Copies of all judicial decisions affecting the company's intellectual property assets.
- A list of all software and other IT used internally, and details regarding the privacy and data security of customer data.
- For software companies, all software development and related agreements, controls and procedures.
To become a Due Diligence Review client, please contact: