Advertising & Marketing Reviews & Clearance
Advertising creates new opportunities and revenue streams for your business. Sometimes, however, a business' advertising campaign can be offside of the relevant laws. Often, the discovery is not made until a customer or competitor complains. This can result in losses from having to change the campaign after it has been released to significant penalties and fines levied by the government or the Courts.
Federal competition laws prevent false or misleading representations. Registration of a trademark does not afford the right to advertise when it is prohibited (e.g., advertising to children in relation to alcohol or cigarettes).
Our proactive advice can help your business creatively market its products and services while minimizing these risks.
Our advertising and marketing services include:
- Advising on comparative advertising with respect to goods and services.
- Advising on the use of IP in advertising, whether your own business' or that of a competitor or other third party.
- Advising on the proper use of testimonials under Canadian law.
- Advising on advertising in regulated industries, such as cosmetics and alcoholic beverages.
- Advising on what documentation is required to prove any claims made in advertising and marketing materials.
For more information on Advertising and Marketing Reviews & Clearance, please contact: